1. In what context and how do we collect personal data about you?
In the course of our professional activities we may collect your personal data inter alia: (a) in the context of our business development activities; (b) when you or your organisation seek legal advice from us; (c) when you express your interest in working with us; (d) when you or your organisation provide services to us; (e) when you browse our website; (f) when you email us or otherwise provide us your data in connection with an event organised by our law firm; (g) when you correspond with us more broadly by telephone, post, email or otherwise; or (h) when you give us a business card (or similar). In most instances, we will have received your personal data directly from you. Nonetheless, there may be instances we may collect personal data from a third-party source, including a government or credit reporting agency, an information or service provider, or from public records.
2. What kind of personal data we collect and process?
The personal data we may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide by filling in forms on our website (www.fideliorealestate.com); and information given in hard copy form or by any other means providing: your name; date of birth; address; interests; marketing preferences; when appropriate your credit information; and any other personal information relevant to the services we provide. This information may be provided when you are registering interest, transacting with us, subscribing to our services or for newsletters or requesting information;
correspondence or other contacts you may have with us;
details of transactions you carry out through our website, and any communications by telephone, in person or by any other means relating to those transactions. This may include recording certain telephone conversations, for example relating to live bidding;
details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, web logs or other communication data and the resources you access.
3. The ways we use your personal data
We will use your personal data in connection with our ordinary professional activities regardless of the way we have collected this data.
These uses include:
- the provision of real estate advice or other services
- providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. This could include but is not limited to private sales, storage services, valuations, real estate, education and insurance;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notifying you about changes to our products and services;
- ensuring that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- selling or purchasing property or services
- (unless you object,) advising you of forthcoming sales, events and services.
We may contact you for the above purposes by telephone call, email, text or SMS messaging and other means.
4. Who has access to your personal data apart from Fidelio Real Estate?
We may transfer your personal data to third parties such as, for examples, sub-contractors (including our IT support service provider), other counsel and accountants, as well as third parties involved in your matters. We ensure that sharing your personal data with third parties is done in accordance with applicable legislation concerning data protection, and we ensure where applicable that third parties adopt all appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data.
5. We strive to ensure your personal data is secure
We take all appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure your personal data are processed in accordance with the law, and to prevent any unauthorised access, destruction, accidental loss, or damage to your personal data. Your personal data is processed in line with our internal security procedures relating to storage, access and destruction.
6. We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonable required
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is required for in view of their use, or until you withdraw your consent if and where applicable. We may retain your data for an additional period if required in order to defend legal claims arising during any relevant retention period.
7. What are your rights concerning your personal data?
You may have a right to access the personal data we hold about you. Moreover, you may also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted. In addition, you can object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time, and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal data, as well as to require it to be deleted, under certain circumstances. Furthermore, where applicable you may also have a right to data portability, according to which we may be required to transfer your personal data to a new service provider. If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, you can contact us at: email@example.com
Finally, you can also lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the regulatory authority responsible for data protection matters in your country.
9. Updates and changes to this policy